CLARENCE CENTRE CHAMPIONSHIPS start tomorrow – Saturday 18th February.
Clarence High 8.15am Warm Up for 8.30am.
Please note the 3 programs shown are not in order of events.
Centre Championships are a little different to our normal Meets namely:
* Programs will be different and some weeks less events as athletes only compete in each Event on offer once (eg: where athletes do more than one Long Jump Event over the 3 weeks of programs they will only compete in Long Jump once)
* Events will have an independent Chief (not AGC)
* Athletes must have competed in the Event at least once to be able to compete at Champs
* Parents are asked to please help at Events however no coaching is allowed (eg: ‘great jump’ is fine but ‘take your run up back’ is not, it’s time for our athletes to show us what they have learned this Season. All other Parents (not helping) are to watch a distance away from the Event
* Full CLAC uniform is to be worn
* No visitors from other Centres
* Ribbons will be presented immediately after Track and Field Events (Chief or AGC for Field and Volunteer for each Track Event as a whole eg: all of 100s etc) VERY EASY JOB!
* All Track Events will be seeded and athletes given specific lanes
* All Track Events will be timed finals (no heats)
PLEASE NOTE: At the start of our Meet (8.30am) we will have a presentation for CLAC MULTI CHAMPIONSHIPS and also for CLAC WALKS CHAMPIONSHIPS. All athletes involved in these Championships are to gather at the presentation area podium.
We wish all of our athletes the best of luck for our Championships. For some, it may be your first and for others, it may be their last, be your best – GOOOOO CLAC!!!!
Leave a Reply